Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Communication Manipulations That Make Me Laugh

First off is Bullfighter. No, it's better than a guy in yellow chiffon. It's a "corporate bulls**t" detector. It sifts through your Word document (not sure how well it'd work on OpenOffice though) and shows you examples of corporate bull, along with recommendations for cleaning it up.

The cattle puns are just too easy, sorry.

I'm proud to say that I used Bullfighter on a newsletter project earlier today, and only had one hit! Now, time to go through my other projects.

I agree with Matt at Lifehacker - this could really help clean up corporate communications! Even by its presence alone; if you know you've got a bull detector on your machine, you're less likely to use bull. At least, that's my opinion. It's going in my permanent-recommendations file.

******
The other laugh-inducing communication came from a Monster job ad sent to me from one of their alerts. I read the post's first sentence, and busted up. I'm not going to link to the ad, because that'd be rude. But I will paste the sentence in question:

"Does your promotional copy make people want to take drugs?"

I'll give you a second to process that one.

.......
If you haven't gotten the double entendre by now, I'll send you to the copy corner. But I can honestly say that over the years, I HAVE read copy that honestly made me want to find and take some drug that would make the memory go away.

Haven't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home