Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mini Status Update, 8-3-06

Update #1 - I'm afraid that Zookoda has not been working well. There seems to be some problem in the broadcast setup. I've tried emailing their customer service, changing my settings, etc. to no avail. The email hasn't worked in the two times I've made the attempt. I'm hoping the problem will be corrected soon. But in the meantime, I'm looking into another email marketing solution.

My apologies to those of you who have signed up for the Zookoda distribution. Something will come along soon enough.


Update #2 - Mike Stelzer made clear a side of my Monday BlogTip that I failed to address properly. He brought up the fact that (and I don't dispute this) the demographics between B2C and B2B are very different. Audiences are different. The problems are different.

What I should have stated was that I was referring solely to psychographic similarities. While big businesspeople have varying priorities depending on things like industry and position, they're still human.

They still want to impress others (their boss, co-workers).
They still want to avoid pain (getting fired).
They still want to maximize enjoyment (recognition, promotions).

These are true for every human, in every role. Nobody's capable of detaching their mind and their emotions 100%.

Write like you're talking to one human being first. Then add the demographic qualifiers in later. It'll work no matter who's reading.

(Thanks to Mike for this one - I can't believe I missed this qualifier! Go visit his excellent website and forum on white papers.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home