Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Decline in Consistent Posting?

I'm noting that several blogs I frequent are either slowing down on posting, or stopping entirely. One blog, a fellow copywriter's, hasn't been updated in over a month and a half. I know we're busy, but I find it a little worrisome.

Those of us who are copywriters, or freelancers, or self-employed, often did so with the intent of budgeting our time more efficiently, right? We call the shots on when and how much we work, and how much time we set aside for being with family, or following other pursuits, or dallying around with our hobbies.

So, if people are falling too far into the work trap to set aside time for other things - like, for instance, a few minutes to blog about an upcoming event, or an unusual happening - doesn't that defeat the purpose of working for yourself?

I see blogging as accomplishing two things for me. One, it allows me to practice writing, whenever I want. Use it or lose it. Two, it allows me to share information with the rest of the world, information I alone have and CAN share.

And I do it all in a few minutes, a couple times a week. Pretty easy commitment. Plus, it's a break in the routine, which we all can use from time to time.

So, take a break! Write a little something. You'll feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home