Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Copywriting RSS Feeds

I thought I'd do something a bit different today!

In today's breakneck-pace world, we have information coming at us from a thousand different directions. So, I like to filter some of it through my email program and RSS reader. Many blogs I like to check have RSS feeds now, so it saves several minutes of surfing, too.

With that in mind, I decided I'm going to list some of the RSS feeds I subscribe to.

Bly.com Blog - Ecclesiastical overtones aside, virtually every copywriter is (or should be!) a disciple of Bob Bly. Every time I read his posts, there are plenty of wise comments to go along with his information. I was the first to guess the correct answer on one of his quizzes the other day, too!

Dilbert - Yes, someone DOES syndicate Dilbert on RSS. Every day, a reminder of how silly business CAN be. And a reminder not to be that silly!

Google News--Top Stories - Be careful with this one...there's almost TOO much news! Google maintains several feeds for news subjects, from Business to Health. You can find them all at news.google.com.

John Carlton's Big Damn Blog - From a damn good copywriter comes a damn funny blog. Lots of great info here about writing (duh), marketing, weird sights, and other Big Damn stuff.

Lifehack.org - Lifehack is a great all-around resource for DIY, creativity boosts, stress relievers, and sometimes a good laugh. It expands my mind AND brightens my day.

Nick Usborne's Excess Voice - One of the undisputed Web copywriting masters, Nick Usborne's "Monday Copywriting Tip" is an invaluable way to start the week off on-point and in-gear.

That's all for now! I have more RSS feeds...but if I put them all on here, I couldn't do another RSS Feeds post later, now could I?

Note: If you need an RSS reader program, I highly recommend these two. Both are free, fast, and make RSS reading easy.
GreatNews RSS Reader
Abilon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home