Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Phrases on My Wall

We writers need to remember too many things.

Motivational phrases, industry tactics, different page structures, communication strategies, themes, audience awareness, "power" words, approach tips, persuasion techniques...

Whew!

I don't know how the rest of you do it, but I tend to put my most important tips, techniques and affirmations up on my wall. I've got most of the office's western wall covered in cork tiles, so it's easy to stick something up.

For today's post, I thought I'd share some of my Phrases with you. Some are a boost to my confidence. Some give me exactly the idea I need at a glance. Some are clever reminders of where my attention needs to be.

Take what resonates with you. Stick it on your wall. Write it in your planner. Glue it to your bathroom mirror if you have to. The important thing for a Phrase to impact you is to put it someplace where you will see it day in, day out.

Phrases On My Wall
  • Remember - write like you're talking to one person.

  • Don't use "we offer" on websites. Use "we deliver" and focus on results.

  • "What we think, we become." - Buddha

  • Why do I need anyone else's permission to create?

  • There is no shortage of clients in the nation/world for me.

  • While writing, stop and think. What's the reader thinking/feeling at that point?

  • Losers let things happen. Winners MAKE things happen.

  • "The great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • What are you reserving time for? Time doesn't keep. Use it all now. More will come.

  • STAY FOCUSED ON THAT (right next to my monitor)

  • SEO copywriting: using writing to guide the user along a specific course of action through your site.

  • Money comes easily and frequently. (credit goes to the production team of The Secret for this one)

  • Blog Tip on Monday, Blog Post on Wednesday (I can count at least 9 times that note has helped keep this blog alive!)

  • The CopyBlogger Benefits Extractor (too long to reproduce here, so follow the link and see for yourself how powerful it is. It's at the "How to Extract True Benefits" subhead.)


What do you need to remind yourself about during the workday? What are your Phrases? Leave one or two in the comments. If there are enough, I'll put them together for a sequel post in a few days.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home