Monday, September 11, 2006

Blue Ferret BlogTip 9-11-06 - Get Around the 9/11 Elephant in the Room

Like most everyone, I took a moment to pause and reflect on the events of 9/11.

Then I got back to work.

Why? I don't see stopping our lives as an honorable reminder of those who died.

These people were not layabouts. They were professionals, all across the board. They did not stand around that day. Why should we now?

Others will disagree with me, of course. That's fine. I'm aware that it's my own opinion, but I think the best way to remember such events is to not let them paralyze the ways we make our nation great and our world better.

This is my tip for today: Don't stand still.

No matter what, have something going. Even if it's small, be productive whenever you can. Now is the only moment any of us has. It never comes again. Take it. Use it.

The past is there to remember, not hold us. Spring forward from it. You won't get another shot.

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good reminder. Thanks!

I'm leaving the TV off tonight. As is often the case, I think the media is going overboard.

 
At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops...sorry, I do like to emphasize my points, but didn't mean for it to triple post?!?!?

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger Blue Ferret said...

All fixed!

Not to worry, I don't bite (often). You can leave your name, too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home